Library Employment - Job Openings
A 22 hour per week clerical position within the Reference Department requiring a comprehensive knowledge of library departmental responsibilities and a pleasant communication style. Duties include answering incoming calls to the library, booking meeting rooms, and providing direct assistance to patrons using the Local History and Genealogy room.
Requirements for Position:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Exceptional reliability and punctuality
- Excellent communications skills and pleasant telephone demeanor
- Familiarity with and interest in genealogical research
- Skill at multi-tasking
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- High clerical aptitude and excellent keyboard skills
- Familiarity with Windows operating system and aptitude for Windows-based applications
- Flexible schedule to accommodate rotation of Library schedules
- Apply in person. A completed application is required. Mailed, emailed or faxed resumes without an application are not accepted.
- Joplin Public Library is located at 300 S. Main Street in Joplin, MO.
National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) through Missouri Career Center recommended. Preference is given to applicants who have taken the assessment. Please contact the Missouri Career Center at 720 S Wall Ave., 629-3000 to arrange your assessment or see jobs.mo.gov.
Accepting applications through Monday, May 29, 2016